Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sam Adams Alpine Spring (3 toasts)

I got the Brewer's Choice Sam Adams box recently (hey, SA is a good value, ok?).  I just popped open the Alpine Spring, "a bright citrusty unfiltered lager".  It is made with Tettnang hops from the Alps, pale malts, and honey malts.

Hm.  The verdict is out.  There is a lemony note at the back for sure.  And it does taste and feel unfiltered (Hefey).  It smells pretty good...fruity and floral.  I'm not 100% sure I like it because it's kind of like drinking lemonade beer, but I can see it being refreshing on a hot day.  Too bad it's in the 50s here.  Good thing I turned my thermostat to 80!  FIESTA!

I honestly can't make up my mind about this one.  Maybe I'll try it again in the summer and let you know.  For now, though, I'm just saying "meh".

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment