Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sam Adams Whitewater IPA (3 toasts)

I promise to do something other than Sam Adams soon.  They were just such a darn good deal.

Disclaimer:  I hate IPAs.  They are too bitter and hoppy for me.  But I put my big girl panties on so that I could review this beer for you.  You're welcome.

So, the SA Whitewater IPA.  This is the working man's IPA.  Pretty smooth and nicely hopped.  It's a little sweet and woody.  If you want an easy drinking IPA, this is for you.  I wouldn't pick this beer up again because it is too bitter for me.  I even drank it warm to see if I could cut the bitterness a bit.  But no, it's still like chewing on pine needles.  If I did want to drink this again, I would want to be on a warm beach with an attractive man fanning me.  Besides this being a warm weather beer, who can complain about beer when you are on a beach with a hottie?

Jim Koch says, "This hazy brew combines the crisp character of a white ale wit the intense pine and citrus flacors of an India Pale Ale.  We took this unique combination to a new level wit the subtle addition of apricots, which provide a slight sweetness to balance the bitterness of the hops."

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment