Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale (4 toasts)

I just baked my Halloween pumpkins and I'm finally working my way through the last of the Sam Adams Harvest Collection.  It was pretty awesome...and I'm talking about both the pumpkin and the beer.

Aaahhhh...I'm glad I kept some of this beer.  It brings me right back to pumpkin pie season.  Seriously, this beer is like drinking the holidays.  It's super spicy.  It's kind of like someone took a Hefe and threw in some pumpkin pie spices.  I would throw in an orange slice if I had any other food in the house besides beer and pumpkins.  (But, let's be real here, what else do you really need?  Oh...besides the oranges.)

Speaking of those pumpkins, those gorgeous, tasty treats.  Just cut one in half, set it cut side down on an oven safe tray, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (longer for a large pumpkin).  Turn it over, slather it with butter, bake it a few minutes longer, and enjoy.  I usually just eat mine right out of the pumpkin shell with butter, but sometimes I'll mix in pasta or other veggies.  They also do make an awesome container to roast a variety of fillings.  They are great because they last forever and they go great with beer.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment