Thursday, November 24, 2011

MGD (5 nostalgic toasts, 2 real toasts)

Ahh, Miller Genuine Draft...that cold filtered, fresh from the tap taste.  As in fresh from the water tap?  Yes, it's a bit watery and slightly tastes of beer, but it is pretty refreshing in sultry Arizona.  I'm in Arizona for Thanksgiving and I love being here with my grandparents because they have "Beer Time".  Sometime in the afternoon they announce "Beer Time!" and pull out a couple cans of MGD and, because a love of all alcohol runs in the family, I join in.  We sit around and gab with our MGDs in a nice air conditioned house while every other poor soul around us swelters in the heat without the blessings of Beer Time.

Yes, it tastes like flavored water, but everytime I pass a case of MGD in the store, I get a little misty for those times with my grandparents.  So, this holiday, I am thankful for Beer Time with my grandparents and MGD.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment