Monday, November 14, 2011

Sam Adams Irish Red (4 toasts)

You know, I'm a dark beer kinda gal, but I can't eat my beer all the time.  Sometimes I have a hankering for a lighter dark beer.  That's where my Red Ales come to the rescue.  These dark red, malty, yet refreshing ales have partied with me for many years.  Sam Adams makes a good one.  It's malty and goes well with just about any food without being overpowering.  It is a little light flavored for my tastes, but you still get a good dose of caramel in there.  This is one of the beers in their Harvest Collection.  You get 12 beers of 6 varieties (all are really good...the other beers will be reviewed soon) for about $13 on sale at Lucky's.

I paired my glass with a veggie pizza from Mt. Mike's in San Jose.  What can I say?  Beer and pizza love each other and want to get married and have little bezza babies.

What Sam Adams had to say about the Irish Red:  "This rich and malty ale originated in Ireland in 1710.  It has a deep red color and distinctive caramel flavor from its pale and caramel malts.  The malt sweetness is balanced by the earthy notes of the East Kent Goldings hops.  Cheers!"

I concur.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment